I’ve been working on this for the past month and today everything went live. This amazing giveaway is to thank people for their support of my #merrickhasissues videos, and it’s chock full of nerdy goodness. Not familiar with #merrickhasissues? I’ll post more information on the project and its origins soon! Extra thanks go to my lovely sponsors-slash-friends, the amazing, nerdy companies Espionage Cosmetics and Sock Dreams!
Here’s a full list of everything you can win:
- Big Trouble in Little China #1 by Eric Powell (w) and Brian Churilla (a); 1/10 variant SIGNED by both creators
- Drumheller #1 by Alex Link (w) and Riley Rossmo (a), cover B by Roc Upchurch
- All New Ghost Rider #1 by Felipe Smith (w) and Tradd Moore (a)
- Helheim #1 by Cullen Bunn (w) and Joelle Jones (a)
- Letter 44 #1 by Charles Soules (w) and Alberto Alburquerque (a)
- Pretty Deadly #1 by Kelly Sue Deconnick (w) and Emma Rios (a), Ghost variant by Becky Cloonan
- Sabrina #1 by Roberto Aguirre Sacasa (w) and Robert Hack (a)
- Sex Criminals #1 by Matt Fraction (w) and , Ghost variant by Yuko Shimizu
- The Wicked + The Divine #1 by Kieron Gillen (w) and Jamie McKelvie (a), variant by Bryan Lee O’Malley
- Wytches #1 by Scott Snyder (w) and Jock (a); Ghost variant by Bill Sienkiewicz
- Paranormal Collection makeup by Espionage Cosmetics
- Tentacle Nailed It! nail wraps by Espionage Cosmetics
- Comic Book Nailed It! nail wraps by Espionage Cosmetics
- $25 gift card from Sock Dreams
- other assorted goodies like pins, stickers, and ???
How to enter
You can enter #merrickhasagiveaway on Instagram by following me at @merrickmonroe and regramming this pic, AND/OR on Facebook by “following” me at facebook.com/merrickmonroe and sharing this pic! Yes, you can totally enter on both networks, and there’s no limit on how many times you can enter! The contest runs for 13 days and ends on October 25th, when I’ll draw a winner at random. Wee!
1 year anniversary was August 30! And some change. ;)
I had been thinking the anniversary was in October, so when I was reminded of it on the day of I was like, oh, okay! Awesome! Wait… I was a bit in shock about it honestly… that first year went by so quickly, partly because I wasn’t letting myself overthink about the format or the process, I just did it. I have received amazing praise, support, and input from people who have watched the videos, and this contest is my way of doing something to thank everyone for that.
The past month has been spent doing some plotting, a wee bit of scheming with friends, and, I’ll admit, my fair share of conspiring. The final result? My first serious giveaway, with some seriously rad goods. Last night I put on the finishing touches and the whole thing went live today on Instagram at 1:13pm, and on Facebook a bit after. I did a FB-based contest a few years ago that I didn’t quite get right, so I’m glad to see that this one is already gaining steam! This giveaway is a little project that is related to a bigger project that has become quite dear to me, and I’m really excited to see how people are responding.